Marine and Boat Insurance
With an ever-increasing number of marine craft taking to our rivers, lakes and seas, such as speedboats, sailboats, yachts, jet-skis (and gin palaces!) the risk of accidents, collisions and injury become greater, so it is vital that you have insurance in place.
Marine Insurance will cover you in the event that someone makes a claim against you, or if you are a victim of theft, you suffer accidental damage, a personal accident or personal injury, or death to you and the people on board your boat or craft.
All classes of marine craft should be insured, including:
- Dinghy Insurance
- Yacht Insurance
- Motor Boat Insurance
- Speed Boat Insurance
- Inland Waterway Craft
- Fishing Boats
- RIB/Inflatable Insurance
- Jet Ski Insurance
- Narrow Boat Insurance
- Laser Insurance
- Windsurfing Insurance
- Rowing Boat Insurance
Everyone’s needs are different, but it is vital to understand the level of cover you need before deciding on your policy.
As an example only, a comprehensive marine craft Insurance policy could include the following:
- Third party liability for anyone using your craft with your permission.
- Accidental damage, theft, fire and vandalism to your craft, plus your outboard trailer and other personal effects
- Damage to your craft whilst in transit
- Damage to underwater machinery
- No excess payable on third party claims
- European extensions
- Personal Accident cover
- Racing Risks extension
- Cover whilst afloat or laid-up ashore.
- Cover of sails and covers damaged by vermin
- Legal Protection cover
Marine and Boat Insurance can be arranged by Blestium Financial Services, which is a trading name of Martin Newell who is an appointed representative of The Openwork Partnership which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.